EDM machine or simply EDM is an abbreviation for electrical discharge machining. It is a machine that uses electric shocks to shape or develop a metal that is impossible to do with traditional techniques. It uses electric shocks on metal parts that are electrically conductive in order to create different kinds of intricate shapes with metals. Shapes that are difficult to create with a grinder, cutting tool, or cutter are typically developed using EDM.
There are many more uses of an EDM machine, these are some of them:
• EDM machines such as wire EDM v Makino wire cut EDM Parts are great for creating complex shapes that are impossible to make with traditional cutting tools. You will be able to manufacture precise metal components in the most efficient and practical way compared to shaping, cutting and sanding metals, which could take forever.
• Extremely hard metals can be cut easily. Metals that can be cut easily include high-speed alloys, tool steel, hardened steel, titanium, carbide, and many more. Hard metals are not only hard, but they are also very expensive compared to their soft counterparts. With EDM you will never have to deal with material waste and problems with precision cutting, as you are using efficient and accurate cutting and modeling instruments. • From the largest tool parts, EDM machines will be able to create the smallest components of machines, motors and electronic parts. Delicate steel and metal parts are often very difficult to fabricate and could be sensitive or weak when using conventional tools. EDMs will create these parts with extreme precision and without any distortion that could affect the function of a particular component or part.
• With the EDM method, there is no contact of the machine with the material or metal part being treated. Therefore, there are no distortions or errors that can occur if a tool comes into contact with material or metal. These qualities are very important, especially when the industry demands extreme precision, such as the manufacture of components for electronic devices, precision machines and equipment.
• Compared to cutting, shaping, and developing components using standard methods, EDM machines will create a smooth finish on metal. This is ideal for high-quality, precision machine parts, tools, and equipment.
• If you are creating components that have very small and precise holes, then you absolutely need an EDM machine, as it is impossible to drill tiny holes in metals and very hard metals with traditional tools and techniques.
There are specialized EDM machines that will work for whatever industry or business you are in. Be sure to check out online sources and online machine and equipment sales sites to find the ideal electric shock machine that works for your business.